by maallini doraisingam
First aid is the provision of initial care for an illness or injury. It is usually performed by a non-expert person to a sick or injured person until definitive medical treatment can be accessed. Certain self-limiting illnesses or minor injuries may not require further medical care past the first aid intervention. It generally consists of a series of simple and in some cases, potentially life-saving techniques that an individual can be trained to perform with minimal equipment.
First aid kits
· sharp scissors
· safety pins
· first aid manual
· antiseptic wipes
· alcohol wipes
· calamine lotion
· plastic non-latex gloves (at least 2 pairs)
After you have done keeping it….NEXT is??
· Read the entire first-aid manual so you'll understand how to use the contents of your kits. (If your kids are old enough to understand, review the manuals with them.)
· Store first-aid kits in places that are out of children's reach but easily accessible for adults.
· Check the kits regularly. Replace missing items or medicines that may have expired.
· Check the flashlight batteries to make sure they work.